The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Fuzion Malbec-Shiraz 2008

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bruce Hayes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 am

Prescott, Ontario, Canada

WTN: Fuzion Malbec-Shiraz 2008

by Bruce Hayes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Mendoza
Familia Zuccardi

Several months ago, this wine took Ontario by storm. Several local wine writers were raving about it (good wine at a great price), but there were distribution problems, so the wine was difficult to purchase. Months later, I decided to pick up a bottle to see for myself just what all the fuss was about.

Dark red in the glass.

Creamy and chocolate on the nose, which soon changed to reveal tanginess, cranberry, leather and cinamon candy.

Medium weight, saturated, very spicy, fleshy blackberry, cranberry and raspberry, smoky, red licorice, smooth, tangy, with some acidity toward the end.

Blackberry and raspberry, very spicy, red licorice on the mouthwatering finish.

A very nice wine at a very good price. I can see this wine being popular during the summer BBQ season.

Screwcap closure.

Purchased at $7.45 (Canadian).
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Fuzion Malbec-Shiraz 2008

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Bruce.

Doing a search, I find 5 stores have this in stock here. Might be worth a try eh.
no avatar
User

Bob Macdonald

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:03 pm

by Bob Macdonald » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Are any of the five on my back home to the west-end BP? Liquor Select, Crestwood. With winter about to arrive I rarely get to deVines anymore due to ...or more to the point... the absence of easy parking.

At that price definitely worth a try.

I do recollect the "storm" of publicity that Bruce alluded to when it was released. I think there were articles from Beppi & Co. in the Saturday "Grope and Flail"
no avatar
User

Bruce Hayes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 am

Prescott, Ontario, Canada

by Bruce Hayes » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Bob Macdonald wrote:Are any of the five on my back home to the west-end BP? Liquor Select, Crestwood. With winter about to arrive I rarely get to deVines anymore due to ...or more to the point... the absence of easy parking.

At that price definitely worth a try.

I do recollect the "storm" of publicity that Bruce alluded to when it was released. I think there were articles from Beppi & Co. in the Saturday "Grope and Flail"

In addition to Beppi, the Toronto Star's Gordon Stimmell (and others) were quite vocal in singing its praises. I know of at least one non-wine geek in my family who ran out and bought a case of this after trying a bottle.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Great to hear you are still alive and kickin` Bob M. See here....>

http://www.alberta-liquor-guide.com/LC/ ... SPC=734239