The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat Today!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Sunday Chat Today!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:08 pm

How has your weekend been? Are you still eating leftovers? Given up on that and gone out for Mexican or had a pizza delivered? Spent time traveling to visit with loved ones, perhaps taking a special bottle or two along?

Whatever your weekend experiences were, come share them with people who get it at the regular WLDG Sunday Chat! Jocularity for all!

The fun gets started at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. GMT; 9 p.m. Standard Time in the UK; 10 p.m. Standard Time in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. Standard Time in Israel and Finland; 8 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in New Zealand.

Right Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

Pour a glass of something good and pull up a chair. We'd love to see you! :D
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

Re: Sunday Chat Today!

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Gail and I are about to head out the door to spend the afternoon at Tulsa's Gilcrease Museum, taking in the Ansel Adams exhibit that leaves after January 4th. Something has always come up before that prevented us from seeing it, and this is our last chance to see photographic works printed by Adams himself, from his original negatives.

Also at the museum (which has a fantastic permanent collection of Native American art, and art from the Old West) is an exhibit from the 101 Ranch. In 1905, the ranch owners started a wild west show with cowboys from the ranch, including Tom Mix, Hoot Gibson, Yakima Cannutt and Bill Pickett.

See, we DO have some culture in Oklahoma. 8)

If we get home in time, I'll join you in chat. Otherwise, I'll see you Wednesday evening for sure.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Well, darnit, Robert, I certainly can't complain when you're going on an art outing! Artists everywhere thank you! :D
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:Gail and I are about to head out the door to spend the afternoon at Tulsa's Gilcrease Museum, taking in the Ansel Adams exhibit that leaves after January 4th. Something has always come up before that prevented us from seeing it, and this is our last chance to see photographic works printed by Adams himself, from his original negatives.

Also at the museum (which has a fantastic permanent collection of Native American art, and art from the Old West) is an exhibit from the 101 Ranch. In 1905, the ranch owners started a wild west show with cowboys from the ranch, including Tom Mix, Hoot Gibson, Yakima Cannutt and Bill Pickett.

See, we DO have some culture in Oklahoma. 8)

If we get home in time, I'll join you in chat. Otherwise, I'll see you Wednesday evening for sure.

What a great exhibit to visit. I once went 2 days in a row to see his photos at the U of A in Tucson. It was worth the drive. As with the exhibit in Tulsa, the prints were by Adams, from the original negatives. I could look at those every day and not tire of them.
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:48 pm

I, too, went to see the Ansel Adam exhibit when it came to Ohio. It is amazing! Especially of interest is seeing his progression from early years to later. I'll be anxious to see what you thought, RR.

You were missed in chat, Mr.1K, but it may have been for a greater good.

JuliaB
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:57 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ansel Adams exhibit - seeing his own darkroom work was so much more enlightening than seeing the photographs in books, no matter how skillfully the books were printed. He had some favorite subject matter that he returned to many times over the years, and it was sometimes to see the evolution of his style from the early years to the later. Adams had the ability to use the most mundane of objects - such as three eggs in a simple bowl - to create moving and exciting works of art.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε