The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 Dehlinger PN Goldridge & 2005 Dehlinger Cab Sav

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

WTN: 2006 Dehlinger PN Goldridge & 2005 Dehlinger Cab Sav

by Jason Hagen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:32 pm

2006 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Goldridge - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (12/22/2008)
It took a lot of swirling and patience to enjoy the aromatics. Restrained yet looking to get out. Nice pine smells. Big primary berry fruit. Not aggressive. The mid palate is a bit chubby. This certainly needs some time to settle down but not sure I would age it. Should shed some of the primary fruit and hit a nice stride with 2-3 more years on it. (88 pts.)

2005 Dehlinger Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (12/20/2008)
Took some time to open up on the aromatics which are more on the Bordeaux side. At first I found this wine enjoyable but nothing special. Slightly interesting sweet fruit, solid tannin and some rich dark chocolate on the finish. As it developed, the middle had vegetables, herbs and bitter chocolate. On the under-ripe side. Nice length. Long mineraly finish. I enjoyed this wine but I didn’t get the sense it would ever be “great” but only time will tell that. (89 pts.)