The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Ribera del Duero

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

WTN: Ribera del Duero

by Tom N. » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Intense purple red wine. Sumptuous nose of blackberries, boysenberries, oak and purple plums. Seamless midpalate of dark fruit (especially black raspberries) smooth tannins and balancing acidity. Medium to long finish of dark fruit with just a hint of tannins at the end. Definitely new world style that is fruity, extracted, but well balanced to my palate.

Really nice match :D with lentils, sausage (chorizo) ole. This is a fairly spicy dish but this new world style wine calms down the heat and the fruit blooms with this dish.

Wine: Condado de Haza 2004 Ribera del Duero Crianza $28 CAN, I would buy it again.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Ribera del Duero

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Tom, I think I posted on this one too? WS Top 100 tasting here in town, lovely wine indeed.
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

by Tom N. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Tom, I think I posted on this one too? WS Top 100 tasting here in town, lovely wine indeed.

Hi Bob,

The wine I posted on was the 2004. I think it was the 2005 that made the Top 100 list for 2008 and that was the one you posted on. I have that wine in my cellar too.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 am

Nice tasting note, Tom. I will have to try more from this region after falling for an Aalto (also modern style.)