The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1995 Ferrand Lartigue & 2006 Francois Leclerc Gevrey

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

WTN: 1995 Ferrand Lartigue & 2006 Francois Leclerc Gevrey

by Jason Hagen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 pm

1995 Château Ferrand Lartigue - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (2/11/2009)
I noticed a couple of disconcerting comments on CellarTracker so I thought I should pop this. I thought this had held up fine. Still showed some fresh fruit on the nose along with dried fruit and leather. The palate showed nice complexity and no off putting flavors. Showing secondary elements but still a good amount of fruit. The wine did seem to drop off rather quickly so I am not sure there is a long future ahead but a nice drink right now. (89 pts.)

2006 François Leclerc Gevrey-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (1/31/2009)
I think this is my first at home look at 2006 red Burgundy … and I like it. This was very approachable but young. Despite its youth, the wine already showed a nice balance. Aromas of flowers and fruit. Really enjoyed smelling this wine. The red fruit is big and has the perfect amount of sweetness. Bits of citrus (even slightly bitter lemon). The finishing tannins hold the wine together nicely. Probably better in a few years but drinks really well right now. (91 pts.)