The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: ---and the Cheetah laid down with the Pig

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

WTN: ---and the Cheetah laid down with the Pig

by Carl Eppig » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 pm

2007 Sebeka, Cape Breton, Shiraz (58%)/Pinotage (42%), SA ($7.99 NH Liq Store). Alcohol level: 13.5%. There is a Cheetah on the label and spots on the artificial cork, because they claim it comes from the land where the Cheetah hunts!

The wine gave red and black berries and black cherries on the nose and upfront. Much more jammy fruit along with spice, and minimal oak and tannin made up a complex and balanced middle. The finish carried the fruit and spice with it.

We matched it with roast leg of lamb, roasted vegetables, and potato bread braid for Easter Dinner for fourteen. We had four and half wine drinkers.

We also knocked off a 2006 Wild Pig, Syrah, Vin de Pays D’OC. We had posted a TN on this one previously.

Great time was had by all. .
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: WTN: ---and the Cheetah laid down with the Pig

by Bob Henrick » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Carl Eppig wrote:2007 Sebeka, Cape Breton, Shiraz (58%)/Pinotage (42%), SA ($7.99 NH Liq Store). Alcohol level: 13.5%. There is a Cheetah on the label and spots on the artificial cork, because they claim it comes from the land where the Cheetah hunts!

The wine gave red and black berries and black cherries on the nose and upfront. Much more jammy fruit along with spice, and minimal oak and tannin made up a complex and balanced middle. The finish carried the fruit and spice with it.

We matched it with roast leg of lamb, roasted vegetables, and potato bread braid for Easter Dinner for fourteen. We had four and half wine drinkers.

We also knocked off a 2006 Wild Pig, Syrah, Vin de Pays D’OC. We had posted a TN on this one previously.

Great time was had by all. .

Carl, I have had the sauvignon blanc from Sebeka a couple times, and found it to be a nice quaffer given it's price. I will likely have more of it during the summer months. I'll probably pass on the wild pig though...unless I am cooking it on my grill that is. :-)
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Sebeka does a wild promotional t-shirt. One of the bars did a promotion last year so I grabbed a couple.
Anyone have a Tahbilk shirt?!!
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:02 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Sebeka does a wild promotional t-shirt. One of the bars did a promotion last year so I grabbed a couple. Anyone have a Tahbilk shirt?!!

I don't think there is such an animal Bob. It would be nice to have one though!
Bob Henrick