The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Press release- Fulkerson winery re home winemaking

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Ed Draves

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:15 am

Press release- Fulkerson winery re home winemaking

by Ed Draves » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 am

I have no affiliation -posted for your pleasure

Paul Thomas (Seneca Lake Wine Trail) and Steven Fulkerson (Fulkerson Winery) are pleased to present a straight-forward instructional video on Home Winemaking.

This video project came about because Fulkerson Wineries Grape Juice and Home Winemaking Shop (5576 State Route 14, Dundee, NY 14837) is one of the largest and oldest in NY State offering over 30+ fresh New York State grape juice varieties over a six week period each September and October during Fall harvest. The wine making shop is open all year located at Fulkerson Winery, offering all the Home Winemaking supplies needed for producing your own homemade wine. Contact us if you would like to receive a Home Winemaking Grape Juice Booklet (Price Guide & Release Dates). The booklet is published and mailed the first week of September each year and is also available to view at: http://www.fulkersonwinery.com

*(Prices and Availability Dates are subject to change)

*(Grape Juice is available for pickup only in September and October and is subject to supply, call with questions)

*(Grape Juice purchase reservations can only be made once the new price list has been released and mailed each Fall)

Check it out on Youtube.com and SenecaLakeWine.com:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... erson&aq=f

http://senecalakewine.com/jc/content/bl ... ry/40/206/

Regards,

John F. Iszard

Wine Sales/Marketing Director

Fulkerson Winery

5576 State Route 14

Dundee, NY 14837
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Press release- Fulkerson winery re home winemaking

by Howie Hart » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks for posting Ed. Not much useful information for me, but it may be worthwhile for a novice who wants to make wine from juice. I viewed a couple of the videos and I think if someone were to seriously consider starting wine making as a hobby, there's a link from the WineLovers Home page (Departments -> Favorite Links -> Home Wine Making) for an excellent book available as a free download: Home Wine Makers Manual.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Victorwine

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 18, 2006 9:51 pm

by Victorwine » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:56 am

I guess you picked up on this Howie, taking the siphon tubing right out of its packaging and start siphoning???????

Salute
no avatar
User

Dan Smothergill

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 pm

Syracuse, NY

by Dan Smothergill » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 am

Fulkerson Wineries Grape Juice and Home Winemaking Shop (5576 State Route 14, Dundee, NY 14837) is one of the largest and oldest (my bold) in NY State

Now I know I'm getting old Ed. When I first began making wine there was no Fulkerson's. You bought juice across the street at Glenora and that was new. The old standby was the Jensen Juice Plant in Penn Yan which must have closed sometime in the 70's. I remember buying a bunch of gallon jugs for 10 cents a piece at the closing. Now if my wine making had improved just a little bit every year I've been at it...