The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Winedrinking make you fat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

AlexR

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:28 am

Bordeaux

Winedrinking make you fat

by AlexR » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 pm

... or so says the Sunday Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... group.html

Of course, if you drink "moderately", and gain 7 lbs. a year, and you do so for, say ten or fifteen years, well, you will need a crane to go from a to b!

Joking aside, there is an element of truth to this. It is the one and only reason I go to the gym as often as I can.

However, there is no reason that moderate wine consumption ***at mealtimes*** accompanied by a balanced diet should make you fat.
Are the French and Italians fat?

Don't you sometimes feel as though there is an army of people out there that want to make us feel guilty about all the good things in life?

As for myself, they'll have to try much, much harder ;-).

Best regards,
Alex R.
no avatar
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Winedrinking make you fat

by Daniel Rogov » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 pm

AlexR wrote:...Don't you sometimes feel as though there is an army of people out there that want to make us feel guilty about all the good things in life?

An army, hell... they are there in hordes, riding on their high horses. And they are known as "the barbarians". As to the reported overgeneralized, single-factor and non-replicable "research", I can only resort to a Russian words of which I am quite fond: "bullshitsky".

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Calories make people fat. I choose to allocate some of mine to wine. The fact that I consume too much is significantly more related to my inability to control breakfast portion sizes.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Dave Erickson

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Asheville, NC

by Dave Erickson » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:32 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Calories make people fat. I choose to allocate some of mine to wine. The fact that I consume too much is significantly more related to my inability to control breakfast portion sizes.

:D :D :D