The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Is there a wine bar somewhere at Boston Logan Airport?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Is there a wine bar somewhere at Boston Logan Airport?

by JC (NC) » Fri May 08, 2009 9:09 am

I'm about to take a vacation to Cape Cod and Nantucket (Nantucket Wine Festival.) On the return trip my flight doesn't leave Logan until late afternoon but I will want to get there early to turn in a rental car and clear security. It would be nice to relax at a wine bar before boarding my flight.
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Is there a wine bar somewhere at Boston Logan Airport?

by Tom Troiano » Fri May 08, 2009 9:16 am

I haven't been there much in the last few years but there's some new restaurants there that probably have a few decent wines on the list. See link.

http://www.massport.com/logan/insid_resta.html
Tom T.
no avatar
User

David Z

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

by David Z » Fri May 08, 2009 9:30 am

If the Legal there has the full Legal winelist, you can make do with that. You have to keep an eye on what they give you, because sometimes they'll change vintages.
But they carry a decent selection of negociant burgundy (Jadot, Louis Latour) and larger-production American pinot, and they have at least a couple of half bottles for every grape variety.

(Last time I was there, they swapped a brutally green 2004 for a 2005 ( a half of Louis Latour Volnay 1er), and I didn't notice it until I took the first whiff of the "sample pour" and got whacked in the nose with 2004 greeness. When I complained, they pointed to the fine-text disclaimer that vintages might vary from those listed on the meny. I asked them why our server hadn't told us they were pouring a different vintage before she opened the wine, and did they realize that swapping 2004 for 2005 in Burgundy wasn't exactly like giving me the 2003 Beringer Knight's Valley instead of the 2004. They agreed to take back the bottle.)
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Fri May 08, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks for the replies. If the timing is right I might have lunch at Legal Seafood. I know at the one in DC I've been able to order a Gewurz from Alsace and I do like Burgundies.
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

by Tom Troiano » Fri May 08, 2009 10:26 am

Their selections "by the glass" may be limited.
Tom T.
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Fri May 08, 2009 11:06 am

Tom Troiano wrote:Their selections "by the glass" may be limited.

True, but the last time I was there they were serving '04 Pepiere Muscadet BTG. Not too shabby a choice, especially with seafood :lol:

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Fri May 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Indeed, when at Logan I always make my way to Legal Seafood. As others have reported, one has to take a bit of care on what vintage is being poured but I have found some very nice Muscadets de Sevres et Maine and some very pleasant Chablis to go with my oysters and then even several appealiung Burgundy reds to go with the more "serious" dishes. Nothing "great" about Legal Seafood but for me at least, alway fun and rewarding dining.

Best
Rogov