The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Willamette Valley Vineyards - advice please

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mark Kogos

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

Sydney Australia

Willamette Valley Vineyards - advice please

by Mark Kogos » Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 am

I keep reading positive comments about the pinots from Willamette Valley Vineyards. It would appear we have a reasonable range of the different types available in Australia(are the different names single vineyards?) and I would like to get some to try. Personally I dont see much Amercian pinot around the place. Could someone please explain how it works and also preferred vintages. It would seem we have 2004-2007 available. Any preferences?

Many thanks in advance/
Miss dhem Saints.
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: Willamette Valley Vineyards - advice please

by JC (NC) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am

I believe 2005 was a better vintage than 2004 in general. I'm not able to advise you on specific vineyards.
no avatar
User

Linda L

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:53 pm

McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Willamette Valley Vineyards - advice please

by Linda L » Fri May 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Looking at where you are at, I suspect there might be a bit of confusion going on. Willamette Valley Vineyards is a COMPANY, and the Willamette Valley is also a region where most of Oregon wineries reside, and heavily populated with Pinot Noir. Your question regarding "different" names gave me a hint how this may look outside of Oregon.
I a suspect a good source of information may be someone in a local wine shop that knows a bit of what they carry.
If you need more, if you can give me names of wine available, I am happy to share what I may know of them.
Cheers !
Linda