The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Is my wine supply about to be cut off??!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bruce Hayes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 am

Prescott, Ontario, Canada

Is my wine supply about to be cut off??!!

by Bruce Hayes » Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Read an article today that staff at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) will be taking a strike vote May 20-22 and if negotiations on a new contract aren't successful, they could be on strike by the end of June.

Much as Ontarians love to criticize the government-run monopoly, don't know what I will do without my regular trips to cart home boxes of wine!! Perhaps I will have to "sneak" across the border and do my shopping in Quebec.
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

Re: Is my wine supply about to be cut off??!!

by Carl Eppig » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Maybe the gubment will feel sorry for you and let you bring some in from the U.S. duty free! :)
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat May 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Maybe revert to the Wine Probation thread!
Better still take up birding, visit Point Pelee, buy a canoe, go fishing. That will take your mind off wine buying! You will still have lots to drink eh.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

by Tim York » Sat May 09, 2009 2:30 pm

This news makes me want to rant. It shows once again exactly what is wrong with public service monopolies. Our French neighbours particularly enjoy this kind of thing; regular disruptive strikes often for political reasons. And the strikers have the gall to lecture people about the virtues of public service while withholding it. :evil:
Tim York