The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Sancerre and Savigny

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Sancerre and Savigny

by Dale Williams » Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Tuesday Betsy was rehearsing in NYC, but prepped dinner so I could finish as she came home. With scallops and asparagus in a lemony sauce, the 2007 Andre Vatan "Les Charmes" Sancerre. Classic if not superb Sancerre, good citrusy fruit with some chalky mineral notes. Zippy acids stand up to the lemon sauce. B

Wednesday Betsy made pork chops and an eggplant salad. Opened a half bottle of the 2006 Simon Bize “les Bourgeots”Savigny-les-Beaune (this is a village Savigny, not a 1er). Lovely cherry and red plum fruit, spicy, some tannins. Lively and bright. Good to start with, better with air. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Sancerre and Savigny

by David M. Bueker » Sun May 10, 2009 1:29 pm

I like Bize, but don't see the wines around anymore. Where did you pick up the 375s?
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: WTN: Sancerre and Savigny

by Diane (Long Island) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:I like Bize, but don't see the wines around anymore. Where did you pick up the 375s?

I bought a few Bize 2006 SLB Vergelesses (750s) from Vins Rare in California. The one bottle I opened was quite nice.
Diane