The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Vissoux Fleurie

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Vissoux Fleurie

by Dale Williams » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

David particularly loves almost any Asian food, so we did a pan-Asian meal to celebrate his return- slow cooked ribs with a Hoisin based sauce, Cambodian-style grilled corn, rice with nori and furikake, and a mizuma salad. Wine was the 2007 Vissoux (Chermette) "Poncie" Fleurie. Some reports of this shutting down, but I found it open and giving. Not quite as fleshy as the '05 of this (I don't recall trying the '06), more a classic cru middleweight. Red sappy fruit, a little black cherry, earth, refreshing, will get more. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency. 
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Vissoux Fleurie

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Sounds lovely. I hope the '08 or '09 are good (and come in screwcap), as it will take that long before I have cellar space.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Tell us about "Cambodian style grilled corn".
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Jenise, it's called poat dot. I can send or post recipe in a couple days (going to beach for 2 nights). But basically you grill corn, then brush with a sauce- scallion, fish sauce, and sugar are main ingredients. Big favorite at our house, and great for parties.
no avatar
User

Nigel Groundwater

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:08 pm

London, UK

by Nigel Groundwater » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 am

Dale Williams wrote:Wine was the 2007 Vissoux (Chermette) "Poncie" Fleurie. Some reports of this shutting down, but I found it open and giving. Not quite as fleshy as the '05 of this (I don't recall trying the '06), more a classic cru middleweight. Red sappy fruit, a little black cherry, earth, refreshing, will get more. B+

Thanks for the TN. I haven't had the 2007 yet but the Poncie is my favourite Chermette wine although the others are good too and I buy it along with some of the Gang of 5's Morgons and 3 of Jadot's 5 Clos MaVs. Unfortunately the latter have become pretty expensive.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

by Tim York » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

I love Vissoux. I have just posted on the Brouilly in Wine Focus viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24767 .
Tim York