The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Assorted Wines

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Assorted Wines

by Jay Labrador » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 am

I have been remiss in my notes lately due to work and drinking mostly uninteresting wines. Here's a bunch of wines I tried recently.

D'Arenberg The Hermit Crab Viognier Marsanne 2005 - Cologne nose. Light wine with fairly high acidity. Long but bitter finish. Nothing special.

Torres Milmanda Chardonnay 2006 - Soft, a little leafy. Good fruit. Lengthy, dry finish. Very good balance. Attractive wine.

Arboleda Carmenere 2006 - Very dark. Sweet, ripe fruit. A little spicy and smoky. Medium-rich. Soft on the palate but firms up on the moderately long finish. Ready to go. Not bad.

Chateau Grange-Neuve Pomerol 2004 - Soft. Classic cedar and pencil shavings nose. Barnyardy finish. Well made but unexciting.

Corte Giara Amarone 2005 - Rich espresso and plum nose and flavor. Quite tannic with a bitter edge on the finish. Needs more time. Good wine.

Alexander and Wayne Mille Delices Reserve 2003 - From Santa Ynez. 67% Cab Franc 33% Cab Sauv. Sweet nose. Arnie said it was corn-like. A bit hot. Not all that dark. Spicy and oaky. Needs food, otherwise the oak and alcohol just dominate it. Unbalanced. Not for me.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Assorted Wines

by David M. Bueker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:20 am

That does sound dull. Not your usual fare.

Here's to better drinking in the near future.
Decisions are made by those who show up