The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

TN: 2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé

by geo t. » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 am

2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé, 12.5% alc., $30 per bottle, $7 by the glass @ Slows Bar-B-Q in Detroit: Strawberry pink; clean, rich and earthy, with fruit forward strawberry and raspberry character, being pungent and expressive. Medium to medium full bodied, with very good depth and intensity, this is earthier than many Euro models that we've had, but it's also richer and riper. One of the best domestic rosés we've had the pleasure to enjoy.

- from Building a Better Wine List: Part 1

Reporting from Day-twah,

geo t.
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

Re: TN: 2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé

by Mark Lipton » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 pm

geo t. wrote:2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé, 12.5% alc., $30 per bottle, $7 by the glass @ Slows Bar-B-Q in Detroit: Strawberry pink; clean, rich and earthy, with fruit forward strawberry and raspberry character, being pungent and expressive. Medium to medium full bodied, with very good depth and intensity, this is earthier than many Euro models that we've had, but it's also richer and riper. One of the best domestic rosés we've had the pleasure to enjoy.

Nice report, geo, and good to see that the ever-photogenic Putnam has recruited such able assistance in his retooling of the Slows list (NB: I might have to make a side trip to Day-twah just for a meal at Slows). Your (collective) efforts toward assembling that wine list remind me of my efforts made when a friend asked me a few years ago to choose the wines for her 300-person wedding reception: it's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it. :roll: Re that Tue-Boeuf Cheverny: mebbe it should be accompanied by that Cream classic SWLABR? 8)

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

by geo t. » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Mark Lipton wrote:
geo t. wrote:2006 Evesham Wood Eola - Amity Hills Pinot Noir Rosé, 12.5% alc., $30 per bottle, $7 by the glass @ Slows Bar-B-Q in Detroit: Strawberry pink; clean, rich and earthy, with fruit forward strawberry and raspberry character, being pungent and expressive. Medium to medium full bodied, with very good depth and intensity, this is earthier than many Euro models that we've had, but it's also richer and riper. One of the best domestic rosés we've had the pleasure to enjoy.

Nice report, geo, and good to see that the ever-photogenic Putnam has recruited such able assistance in his retooling of the Slows list (NB: I might have to make a side trip to Day-twah just for a meal at Slows). Your (collective) efforts toward assembling that wine list remind me of my efforts made when a friend asked me a few years ago to choose the wines for her 300-person wedding reception: it's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it. :roll: Re that Tue-Boeuf Cheverny: mebbe it should be accompanied by that Cream classic SWLABR? 8)

Mark Lipton

Thanks, Mark. Let me know if you make that side trip and we'll join you!

"You've got that rainbow feel but the rainbow has a beard.
Running to me a-cryin' when he throws you out.
Running to me a-cryin', on your own again.
You've got that pure feel, such good responses,
But the picture has a mustache."

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :twisted:
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:24 pm

I had a nice pinot noir rose from Stoller. And that looks like a *real* barbecue joint!
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT