The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN 2005 Patrick Javillier Meursault les Tillets

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jacques Levy

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 pm

NY

WTN 2005 Patrick Javillier Meursault les Tillets

by Jacques Levy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 am

We went to Craft yesterday; Tom Colicchio's flagship restaurant in Manhattan and found this gem on the wine list for only 2x retail (everything else was out of sight).
The wine is served way too cold at first and is giving almost nothing, it opens up after a while. Beautiful pale yellow color, nice aromas of white flowers and peaches, on the palate this has more minerals than I expect, it is quite intense, focused and angular. It rounds out a little by the end of the meal. A delicious Meursault. HIghly recommended.
Last edited by Jacques Levy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Jacques
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN 2005 Patrick Javilier Meursault les Tillets

by Dale Williams » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks for notes. Haven't seen javillier much lately, I used to buy some from Alan Marschok when he was at Rochambeau.
How was Craft? Have been only to Craftbar.
no avatar
User

Jacques Levy

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 pm

NY

Re: WTN 2005 Patrick Javillier Meursault les Tillets

by Jacques Levy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am

I left quite ambivalent about Craft, Dale. Fantastic quality ingredients, flawless cooking technique, total lack of creativity in flavor combination. The way the menu is designed, a main dish has no side dishes and one is supposed to order those separately. Fair enough, yet the side dishes also lacked in flavor and imagination. The best parts of the meal were the amuse bouche and the dessert. If I ever go again, I will go for the tasting menu.
Best Regards

Jacques