The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 03 St. Cosme CdP, 01 Saint-Sauveur

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 03 St. Cosme CdP, 01 Saint-Sauveur

by Jenise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Recent reports on the 03 St. Cosme Chateneuf had me worried, but there was nothing but reassurance in this bottle. On release a seemingly lighter style CdP, it's put on a surprising amount of weight and is now dense with plenty of black fruit, pepper and muscle. Coming along VERY nicely and it drinks well immediately upon opening, but I'll let my remaining bottles rest for a few more years.

Still in a Rhone mood, we pulled the 01 Saint-Sauveur from the Cotes du Ventoux that I didn't realize I even had. Kind of went "uh oh" when I saw it--I haven't a clue when or where I got this but I know I didn't intend to keep an 01 orphan bottle of a wine I'm totally unfamiliar with this long. A happy accident: it's a very good blend of deep mostly red fruit with a little bit of perfume on it, a maple note and some white pepper. There's a very strong resemblance between this wine and the 07 La Veille Ferme we had last week; this was simply a bit more resolved and had just a touch of leather on it. No idea where I bought it but I sure wish I'd bought more.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mark Kogos

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

Sydney Australia

Re: WTN: 03 St. Cosme CdP, 01 Saint-Sauveur

by Mark Kogos » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 am

Jenise, glad to see it was ok. I will happily put the difference down to bottle variation and keep my fingers crossed given I have more tucked away.
Miss dhem Saints.