TN - Sans Liege VII/IX/X “TRANSCENDENTALIST”

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

TN - Sans Liege VII/IX/X “TRANSCENDENTALIST”

Postby Michael H » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:07 pm

• NV Sans Liege The Transcendentalist 07/09/10 - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (6/29/2014)
    Showing the grace of her age and yet retains some youthful spunk. Smooth, dark, and lush in the glass. A nice "mid fruit" splash. Touch heat on the backend dissipates with a few hours. Integrated Syrah, Grenache, and Mourvedre in almost equal parts. Earthiness and some spice. In a fine drinking window, don't think holding will improve the profile.
    Drank from magnum. (93 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Michael H
Cellar rat

Re: TN - Sans Liege VIII/IX/X “TRANSCENDENTALIST”

Postby Jenise » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 pm

That's a gorgeous label. I presume the roman numerals say this is a three-vintage blend?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby Michael H » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:07 pm

This Transcendentalist juice is from 3 vintages: the 07, 09, and 10. How he does it is one of the mysteries and I too think his label artwork is as amazing as the wine within. His offerings are well worth seeking out.
Michael H
Cellar rat

Postby Jenise » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Ah, I see--I picked up the 'eight' from your topic title; I'll fix that for you.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to The Wine Forum