Update on the trip...
The Rudesheim trip was disappointing.
Our tour bus was late leaving, so we arrived in town as most of the stores were closing for the day. The town is BEAUTIFUL and we enjoyed walking around and visiting the little booths set-up everywhere. We did pick up a couple of bottles of wine from a dealer our tour guide knew... Weingut Dorwagen.
- 2005 St. Johanner Steinberg Gewürztraminer Auslese
- 2005 Kerner Eiswein -- had the bottle 'personalized'... they had someone in the shop with an engraver and he put the year, our name and a little winter scene above the label
Decided to wait and eat dinner out on the cruise... advertised as stripes of turkey with apple, some cream... blah blah blah. Would have been simpler for them to say "turkey stew". That was yet another disappointing part of the VERY disappointing cruise.
- advertised as a 3 hour Rhine cruise... we spent the 3 hours going in circles of the same 1 1/2 km of the river
- advertised as having a band playing authentic German Christmas music... it was 1 old guy on a synthesizer playing 1970's country... I guess Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" is now Christmas music
- advertised as a fantastic fireworks display... 10 minutes of "alright" fireworks and we were done
Rather than turn this into a novel.... I'll tell about other stops in the next post...