The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Put on your Saron shoes...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Put on your Saron shoes...

by David M. Bueker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:51 pm

2009 Clos Saron Syrah "Heart of Stone" - USA, California, Sierra Foothills (12/15/2014)
From the first sip this is transformative wine. It's not polished or glossy, it's wine with an attitude. It has guts, and it has edges. It's rustic, and yeah, probably has some amount of brett or other funky stuff. But with all that it has soul. It has character. It has life that surges from the depth of the glass. Yeah it has deep black fruit and olives and roasted meat and all those other things that go into Syrah tasting notes, but what really matters is the obvious life present in the wine. It commands attention because it is a living being. There's no easy answers in a glass of this wine.

Honestly this Syrah asked for more than I had to give on a tired Monday night. Yet for all that I found joy in drinking each and every sip. I wanted to pay attention. I wanted to expend energy thinking about how this wine came to be. I wanted another glass, so that I could explore all the wine had to give.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: WTN: Put on your Saron shoes...

by Lou Kessler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Lots of energy for a Tuesday morning. I must try that wine when given a chance.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Yup Lou, energy is right. Gonna get out there and snow-shoe 10 km........well maybe :lol: .
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

by Brian K Miller » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Have had only one or two bottles from this producer....and your superlatives applied to mine as well!

Need to find more!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:Yup Lou, energy is right. Gonna get out there and snow-shoe 10 km........well maybe :lol: .

It's snowing shoes where?? :o