The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN; Whispering Angel and 01 CFE 375ere Ann,.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN; Whispering Angel and 01 CFE 375ere Ann,.

by Dale Williams » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:57 am

Monday was pasta with mozzarella and tomato, grilled okra, squash with za’tar. Wine was 2014 d’Esclans Whispering Angel rose. Fruity, moderate acids, ok but not worth searching for (apparently its cultish in the Hamptons). B

Tuesday we went to an early showing of “Mr Holmes” (I quite enjoyed), then to dinner at Bistro 12 in Tarrytown. Betsy had grilled octopus and veal with mushrooms, I had sardines on endive with onions and orange, followed by striped bass with capers (they were out of rabbit). I had brought wine, we went with the 2001 Trimbach “Cuvee Frederic Emile 375ere Anniversaire” Riesling. Just lovely, full bodied full throttled Riesling, singing acids. Nose of peach with ginger and a little petrol, on palate more ginger, apple, and citrus. Very long, very good with food. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN; Whispering Angel and 01 CFE 375ere Ann,.

by David M. Bueker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Really appreciate the CFE 375 note. I have a bunch and have been keeping hands off. Will have to grab one soon!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Drinking the Trimbach 375er right now, and you were dead on with the peach and ginger.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

by SteveEdmunds » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:41 am

Mr. Holmes is really a fun movie!
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...