The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Six New World Cab Francs

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: WTN: Six New World Cab Francs

by Jon Leifer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Joe: next time you go out to East End, wd take Southern State instead of LIE and only cross over to LIE when you get near Brookhaven..We did taste at Channing Daughters as well..I had hoped to buy some of their eclectic Italianate offerings but the wines were served too cold for me to get much of a handle on them so I tasted but passed..I did buy their rose of Cab Sauv....they were out of the rose of Cab Franc..Also bought 2 low key chards and a basic sauv blanc....All in all, in a low key operation with some very nice wines, worth a visit IMHO
Jon
no avatar
User

Victorwine

Rank

Wine guru

Thu May 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Re: WTN: Six New World Cab Francs

by Victorwine » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:08 pm

According to Paumonok’s web site even with all their red wines you have the option of having the wine enclosed with screw cap or natural cork. The younger Massond, Kareem is all for screw caps; it wouldn’t surprise me if when Charles finally retires (if that would ever happen) Kareem will go full-steam ahead with screw caps.

Joe,
Schneider Vineyards is a name I haven’t heard in a long time. I remember them when they produced wine from sourced fruit. Witnessed them planting their vineyard on Roanoke Ave in Riverhead, LI. In 2007 they sold the vineyard; today it’s an equestrian farm. In 2011 I believe the Schneider’s got involved in a venture called Empire State Cellars promoting through tasting and education NYS wine, cider, beer, and spirits. A store and tasting room opened up in the Tanger Outlet in Riverhead. Unfortunately things must have gone south, the Empire State Cellars shut down in 2014. I believe Bruce Schneider is still involved with the LI wine industry (winemaker at Onabay Vineyards?).
This Gotham Project sounds interesting. Is the focus only on wine? I thought the Empire State Cellars was a good idea, it introduced to me some very tasty beverages made in NYS.

Salute
Previous