The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2014 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

2014 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate

by Jason Hagen » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:58 pm

• 2014 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles Willow Creek District (12/27/2016)
    I have not had many wines from L'Aventure but if this is their style, I might understand them more now. This wine is packed. Not my go to style but when it is done well, it is a nice change of pace. Huge oak. Big blackberry palate. Dark creamy fruits. My concern with this wine is the massive tannins. The acid is decent but the tannins are very present. This is a wine I would be curious to taste in 10 years. 15.9% is the posted alcohol although I didn't find it too boozy. Not for everyone but I enjoyed it last night. However I do not want another one tonight.

Cheers,

Jason
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: 2014 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate

by Jenise » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:26 pm

We visited that winery on our one and only trip to Paso, and I understand what you're talking about. I did buy two bottles of his red that we drank about ten years out, and they aged well--better than anything else we got in Paso even though we leaned, as you would, toward the most European among them (and which didn't seem very European at all once we got home and back to regular wine options).
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: 2014 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:53 pm

I came across this winery a few years back at a wine show and I was impressed but have not seen of late. Thanks for the post.