The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: The Dorks get into Beaujolais

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: The Dorks get into Beaujolais

by David M. Bueker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 am

Jenise wrote:2007 Louis Jadot Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès Château des Jacques Gamay
Fairly mature. Notes of Asian plum sauce, soy, and earth with flecks of funk, white pepper and tar not unlike an old St. Joseph. Liked this a lot; interesting to know a gamay can go here

Regarding this wine, my experience with Jadot's Chateau des Jacques Beaujolais program leads me think this is likely more of an outlier. The CdJ wines always seem on the edge of something else compared to virtually all other Beaujolais. I like them very much, but don't look to them to tell me what Beaujolais might do in a general sense.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: The Dorks get into Beaujolais

by Jenise » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:20 pm

I appreciate that perspective. I own some of their '11Cotes du Py and am waiting on them. The one bottle I opened after acquiring them strongly indicated that patience would be required.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous