The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Honig Cabernet 2002

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

D Honig

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:57 pm

Indianapolis, IN

WTN: Honig Cabernet 2002

by D Honig » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:03 pm

(and no, I'm not related)

Clear bright garnet around the edges, and almost black in the middle. Nose has vanilla, cherry and oak. Tastes of plum, raisins, nutmeg and licorice. Finish is very long, starting with pepper and tart cherries, then chocolate cherries, ending in very dark chocolate. It stays on the teeth, feeling chewey for minutes after. Though loaded with fruit, candy and spice, this wine is pleasantly dry.

This was an impressive wine, and while not cheap at $33.00, a relative bargain for Napa Cabs.
no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

Re: WTN: Honig Cabernet 2002

by geo t. » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:13 pm

D Honig wrote:(and no, I'm not related)

Clear bright garnet around the edges, and almost black in the middle. Nose has vanilla, cherry and oak. Tastes of plum, raisins, nutmeg and licorice. Finish is very long, starting with pepper and tart cherries, then chocolate cherries, ending in very dark chocolate. It stays on the teeth, feeling chewey for minutes after. Though loaded with fruit, candy and spice, this wine is pleasantly dry.

This was an impressive wine, and while not cheap at $33.00, a relative bargain for Napa Cabs.

Your use of the descriptor "candy" is interesting, since my impression of this and the '03 Honig Cab is that they are far too sweet for me. For instance, I can't imagine having this with a steak.

Just my 2 oz.,

geo

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :wink:
Nunquam Spuemus