The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Nalle Zin DCV '90..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Nalle Zin DCV '90..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:47 am

Opened this last night as a red to try:
1. Nalle Zin DryCreekVlly/SonomaCnty (13.5%; AmazingZin) Healdsburg 1990: Ullaged below the shoulder; cork dropped into btl under the AhSo; med.dark color w/ some bricking; strong cedary/pencilly/cigar box/oldZin light raspberry/blackberry/Zinberry/bit spicy bit tired nose; fairly tart strong cedary/pencilly/oldZin light raspberry/Zinberry/spicy bit tangy/metallic slight horsecollar/bretty rather complex oldZin flavor w/ light somewhat drying tannins; very long rather tangy/drying/metallic quite cedary/pencilly/cigar box/old Zin slight blackberry/Zin somewhat tired/drying out some bretty/barnyardy/horsecollar finish w/ light drying/astringent tannins; still offers up a bit of pleasure and not totally shot or oxidized; mostly of intellectual interest and nice trip down memory lane.
1. I, of course, followed DougNalle from the very start when he got a great review in Charlie&Earl's CGCW. In the late '80's, Doug came to my group & we tasting thru some of his older Zins. He could never quite understand why anyone would want to age his Zins.
I put him up at my house and he absolutely charmed the socks off my young daughter. I still get Rebecca a btl of Nalle Zin every once in awhile just for old-time's sake. It was amusing that Doug travelled with his own pillow because he was attached to it I guess.
Tom
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Nalle Zin DCV '90..(short/boring)

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:59 am

Not sure I would enjoy!