The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: MarthaStouman post flirtation '17...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: MarthaStouman post flirtation '17...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 am

Tried this last night:
1. Martha Stoumen post flirtation CCCnty/Calif WW (10%; 70% Marsanne/18% MuscatBlanc/12% Roussanne) MarthaStoumen/Richmond 2017: Light gold color; somewhat appley/Marsanne some floral/slight muscat very aromatic slight Rhonish/stony beautiful nose; quite tart/tangy bit metallic/steely fairly stony/appley/Marsanne light earthy/Rhonish some rich quite attractive flavor; very long quite tart/tangy bit metallic/steely fairly appley/Marsanne/stony/floral slight Rhonish/earthy finish; speaks mostly of Marsanne but the muscat lends a light floral touch; has a richness & plenty of flavor that belies the bracing acidity and 10% alcohol; reminds me a lot of the early Qupe Marsannes (pre-Roussanne addition) but not quite as stony & austere; I expect this to put on weight and be a lovely old Marsanne at 10 yrs of age. $25.00
1. MarthaStoumen is a "natural" wine maker. I was first drawn to her wines because she makes a Nero d'Avola that interested me. As I've tasted thru more of her wines, I'm finding a lot to like. The wines are not necessarly profound and not agonna get big scores from Monktown attourneys, but sometimes you just want something a bit off the mainstream and something that just tastes good with your meal. This wine certainly filled that niche.
Tom
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: MarthaStouman post flirtation '17...(short/boring)

by Dale Williams » Thu May 23, 2019 9:46 am

Do you know is there some kind of significance to the name, or just being different?
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Well...

by TomHill » Thu May 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Dale Williams wrote:Do you know is there some kind of significance to the name, or just being different?

I assume you mean "post flirtation"? The label shows two intertwined bodies on it. She just got married a month or two
ago. It might have some not-so-hidden meaning or dedication to her boyfriend. Don't really know.
Tom