The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Loire, Kamptal, Beaujolais

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Loire, Kamptal, Beaujolais

by Dale Williams » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:51 am

With roast chicken, the 2018 Olga Raffault Chinon rose was fresh, berry-driven, and bright with a nice herby finish. B

Saturday we started with oysters, then a hot pot of sea robin, green tea noodles, harukei turnips, & greens in dashi/bone broth. The 2016 Brundlmayer Reid Steinmassel Riesling was dry and crsp, with lime and apple, and a slightly grassy note. Good food wine. B

Betsy had a concert while I had a meeting, she started slow cooker, set up rice cooker, and prepped greens for a pressure cooker dish I could get going when I arrived home. With lamb vindaloo (not really hot), saag, & rice, the 2017 JP Brun (Terres Dorees) Cote de Brouilly. This has a lot of potential, but right now this is a kind of hard Gamay, Black cherry fruit but some tannin and hard acid. For drinking now B- but will hold with confidence.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Loire, Kamptal, Beaujolais

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 am

Yup the Brun has a great future. $26 Cdn here in AB.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Loire, Kamptal, Beaujolais

by Jenise » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:42 am

Love the Olga roses but they don't show up in Washington state.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov