The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker
-

- User
David M. Bueker
- Rank
Childless Cat Dad
- Posts
37053
- Joined
Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
- Location
Connecticut
by David M. Bueker » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 pm
2019 Desire Lines Winds of Change - USA, California (4/1/2021)Much too early look-in, and I sadly did not decant. That said, this has suave texture, excellent mid-palate depth, and a finish that’s loaded with umami. Sealed under a DIAM-30, it’s priced for value, but built for longer term enjoyment. I will likely blow through a couple more bottles very soon, then bury my last three for 7-10 years. There’s more than enough material for a serious sleep.
Decisions are made by those who show up
-

- User
David M. Bueker
- Rank
Childless Cat Dad
- Posts
37053
- Joined
Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
- Location
Connecticut
by David M. Bueker » Wed May 31, 2023 7:44 pm
Opened a bottle tonight, and just blown away by how savory it is. Stunning value.
Decisions are made by those who show up
-

- User
Jenise
- Rank
FLDG Dishwasher
- Posts
46552
- Joined
Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm
- Location
The Pacific Northest Westest
by Jenise » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:53 am
What is/are the grapes? No clue in your descriptions, though I'm guessing red because of the reference to longevity.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
-

- User
David M. Bueker
- Rank
Childless Cat Dad
- Posts
37053
- Joined
Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
- Location
Connecticut
by David M. Bueker » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm
The 2019 is mostly Syrah with some Mourvedre and Carignan. The 2021 that came out a few months ago is 100% Syrah.
p.s. The Desire Lines red wines tend to the savory. It's one of the things I love about them.
Decisions are made by those who show up
-

- User
Jenise
- Rank
FLDG Dishwasher
- Posts
46552
- Joined
Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm
- Location
The Pacific Northest Westest
by Jenise » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:46 pm
Sounds like a producer I'd love, too.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, APNIC Bot, Apple Bot, Baidu [Spider], ByteSpider, ClaudeBot, Crawler[var.], LACNIC Exp, PetalBot, SemrushBot and 2 guests