The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

A few more wines...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

A few more wines...

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Went through an old box going to the recycle bin and found a few that should be reported for various reasons:
Folonari '05 Pink Pinot Grigio: I'd rather not! 75 pts.
DeBoeuf '05 Morgon, Flower Label: You know how I feel about these wines, and this seems to be right in there with the estate bottled wines. 90 pts.
Lecheneaut '99 Morey-Saint-Denis: Raspberries on top of black cherries, this was a nice Cotes de Nuit. 91 pts.
DeBeaune '04 Saint-Veran, Dom. St. Martin: Nom de Plume of Deboeuf but that's OK. This is better than decent white Burgundy from the Macon. 88 pts.
Simonnet-Febvre '04 Chablis: This is passable Chablis, trying to do all the right things, but it will not send cold chills up your spine. With Latour behind them they might improve. 87 pts.
Ecard '99 Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru, Les Serpentieres: This had a beautiful nose and held lots of promise, but did not deliver. Thinner and somewhat alcoholic on the palate, but overall a good, not great, wine. 88 pts.
Dom. Ardhuy '03 Cote de Beaune Village Les Combottes: From Morrell's in NY, this was a very nice Burg. I'm always scared of the '03's but I wish I could get more of this. 90 pts.
Deinhard '01 Pfalz Deidesheim Riesling Spatlese trocken: This suddenly appeared on a retailer's shelf so I tried one and immediately bought 2 more. This was text book '01 with beautiful minerality, depth, acidity, etc. and drinking like an Alsacian. It was even better on day 4. 92 pts.
Cht. Desire Perriere '00 Premieres Cotes de Blaye: This could be the QPR "Buy of the Year". A '00 Bdx that drinks like a $ 20+ wine that sell for $10. This is a Total Wine exclusive and worth seeking out, if there is any left. I could find nothing lacking in this mid-level Bdx. 89 pts.
I'm in the middle of 2 wine classes and a trip to the Loire valley so you will hear from me again in 3-4 weeks.
A Votre Sante!
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: A few more wines...

by Rahsaan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:23 am

Ecard '99 Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru, Les Serpentieres: This had a beautiful nose and held lots of promise, but did not deliver. Thinner and somewhat alcoholic on the palate, but overall a good, not great, wine. 88 pts.

Any input on how this may have changed over time, fleshed out with air, suffered from being shut down?