The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Lagier-Meredith Tribidrag MtVeeder '19....(short/boring

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Lagier-Meredith Tribidrag MtVeeder '19....(short/boring

by TomHill » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Working further into my recent L-M arrival, I tried Fri w/ Susan:
1. Lagier-Meredith Tribidrag MtVeeder/NaapaVlly RW (15.2%) Napa 2019: Very dark color; very strong blackberry/Zin/boysenberry/ripe classic MtVeeder/spicy light toasty/oak bit dusty very perfumed/fragrant nose; very tart/tangy very intensely MtVeeder/spicy intense blackberry/boysenberry/ripe/Zin bit toasty/oak slight peppery quite structured bit complex flavor w/ ample chewey/hard tannins; very long/lingering intense blackberry/ripe/boysenberry/Zin fairly tart/tangy bit toasty/Fr.oak quite structured finish w/ ample chewey tannins; a very big/structured/rugged Zin that needs 3-10 yrs of age; reminds some of the old MikeBernstein MtVeeder Zins but more structure & tannins, some of the old Montelena Zins of PhilipTogni, a lot of LoreOld's SkyVnyd Zins; a pretty rugged expression of Zin that should be very good w/ age. $42.00
1. Tribidrag is, of course, the original Croatian name for Zin where it was most likely originated. Steve&Carole's Tribidrag is just plain/ole Calif Zin (not sure where it originated...probably a Heritage clone) that they chose to use the ancestral name. As far as the TTB is concerned, Tribidrag is just a proprietary name. Steve&Carole gave permission to Ridge to use that name as well.

There has been brought over from Croatia some of the original Tribidrag to FPS to clear thru quarantine. Don't know if anybody in Calif has yet planted that plant material, though.
Tom
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Lagier-Meredith Tribidrag MtVeeder '19....(short/bo

by David M. Bueker » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Nice one. I do like their Zinfan…err…Tribidrag.
Decisions are made by those who show up