The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

CLUB Enologique: Pineau d'Aunis

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

CLUB Enologique: Pineau d'Aunis

by TomHill » Fri May 20, 2022 11:36 am

Interesting article by David Kermode:
Pineau d'Anuis

on the Pineau d'Aunis grape of the LoireVlly.
I've only had maybe 4-5 from the Loire & liked them quite a lot for a wine in the GlouGlou/Vin de Soif style of drinkable wines.
Not a profound wine, but danged tasty.
MattRorick/Forlorn-Hope has just released his first Pineau d'Aunis from his home vnyd in Murphys. Of that same style, it is quite good. Don't know of any other Pd'A from Calif (where is Bryan Harrington when you need him??)!!
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: CLUB Enologique: Pineau d'Aunis

by Jenise » Sat May 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Pax made a '19.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

Re: CLUB Enologique: Pineau d'Aunis

by Tim York » Sun May 22, 2022 6:38 am

Whenever I see one, I am tempted to stretch for a bottle of Pineau d'Aunis if I think the source is likely to be reliable. These wines are usually low in alcohol and quite gluggable if one likes their very original and slightly sour but elegant taste profile. I can't recall ever having had one from outside Touraine where some of the best come from the extreme north of the region, like from Éric Nicolas (Domaine de Bellivière - Coteaux du Loir) or Patrice Colin (Coteaux du Vendômois). Incidentally Éric Nicolas also makes brilliant wines from Chenin (Jasnières and Coteaux du Loir) but some of them are getting quite pricey.
Tim York