The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Lets talk Verdicchio!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Lets talk Verdicchio!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:32 pm

Tasting last night downtown Edmonton AB. 50 participants, usual stand up $35 Cda. The Best Bang for you Buck (under $25).

Two nice whites to start of but I was interested in the 2021 Bisci Verdicchio di Matelica (Marche Italy). The smaller known DOC "greenish'. Nose was jasmine, lemony acidity. Nose featured apple, pear, peach, citrus blossoms. Varied comments included pink grapefruit, herbs, almond finish. This wine was #67 in the WS Top 100 for 2023.
On reflection, think I will go back to the store for a bottle, I am curious. Will post TNs on all wines asap.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Lets talk Verdicchio!

by Jenise » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:41 pm

Should I be embarrassed to report that I have a hard time remembering Verdicchio vs. Vermentino (aka Rolle in France)? I've had good and disappointing versions of both, but have them so rarely that the profiles of either don't cement themselves in my mental catalog of sensory perceptions. Am I the only one?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Lets talk Verdicchio!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:42 am

Well surprise, last night found the Extra Brut! $44 Cda..carbon tax rebate should pay for that. :D
https://www.skurnik.com/sku/extra-brut- ... erdicchio/