The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2000 Yon Figeac (Saint theme!)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2000 Yon Figeac (Saint theme!)

by Jenise » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:48 am

So last weekend I made a beefy dish and coincidentally was in the cellar examining the wines I'd stood up for a Bordeaux tasting lunch at the end of the week. We had not planned to have wine that night but on a whim, I grabbed this 2000 Yon Figeac Saint Emilion to try--I remembered liking the last bottle of this a lot. So, not decanted or prepped in advance, just opened and poured a glass. Well, is it the wine or is it the fact that we had not had any alcohol in about ten days, but this wine is strong and powerful in a way that was totally unexpected. Drinks more like Pomerol than St. Emilion and there's a wallop of alcohol right out of the gate that exceeds my tolerance level. We poured our glasses back into the bottle. We'll try it again in a day or two...stay tuned.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2000 Yon Figeac (Saint theme!)

by Jenise » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:27 pm

Update: tried again the next night and the one after. Almost no change, and no sign of pleasure around the corner. I finally dumped it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov