The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 1999 Quinta do Crasto Tinta Roriz Douro

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

TN: 1999 Quinta do Crasto Tinta Roriz Douro

by Bill Spohn » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:39 am

1999 Quinta do Crasto Tinta Roriz Douro - this wine made from the Tinta Roriz grape (which is the Portuguese name for what the Spanish call tempranillo) was still quite dark and still shows spicy purple fruit notes. Clearly a hot country wine, if tasted blind the first thought might be toward Australia, except that the wine lacked the roast coffee and vanilla (sometimes coconut) notes usually found in wines raised in American oak, although to be fair a large number of Australian wineries have moved to more French oak in recent years. Mellow and soft now at a quarter century of age, it would still be a tough one to nail when tasting blind.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: 1999 Quinta do Crasto Tinta Roriz Douro

by Jenise » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:51 pm

Sounds very nice. QdC are wines I had no experience with before I moved up here and started coming to your lunches. For awhile, one showed up pretty much annually from one or another. It was apparently a popular (and obviously worthy) purchase for those in the know. How many more bottles do you have?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Re: TN: 1999 Quinta do Crasto Tinta Roriz Douro

by Bill Spohn » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:29 pm

Jenise wrote: How many more bottles do you have?

Mixed case of 12.