The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2022 Terravista Figaro

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Posts

11797

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Location

Vancouver BC

TN: 2022 Terravista Figaro

by Bill Spohn » Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:37 pm

TN: 2022 Terravista Figaro - this wine is from a small BC winery with skilled winemaker, using small lots of varietals only grown here in small amounts. This wine is a Rhone blend - 70% Roussanne and 30% Viognier, grown in the Okanagan valley. Medium yellow colour, a bright crisp wine on palate, good fruit in the nose with a tad of nutmeg and a bare hint of allspice, it also showed some interesting tropical fruit notes in the finish. A pleasing wine but of an unusual one from this area. There are only four wineries making this sort of blend locally and this is one of the best (Vieux Pin is the other one that is quite good).
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Posts

46551

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Location

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: 2022 Terravista Figaro

by Jenise » Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:01 pm

I owned that wine but I think I drank them too early--that is, the last one was better than the early bottles. They had good acidity but the early bottles hadn't developed much character. Hard to make myself wait on whites but her wines need it, methinks.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Posts

11797

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Location

Vancouver BC

Re: TN: 2022 Terravista Figaro

by Bill Spohn » Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:00 am

I think that's right - I tried a bottle when I first got some on release and recall it as a simpler less enjoyable wine, so I left it alone awhile. It definitely improved over the last few years. I have six vintages and it might be fun to do a small vertical some time.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, APNIC Bot, ClaudeBot, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign