The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Miscalculation

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Posts

46551

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Location

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Miscalculation

by Jenise » Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:53 pm

Wearied by my kitchen emergency of the last few days, I decided to sit down and relax with a glass of wine last night. Had burgundy on the brain and decided it was time for:

2015 Michelle Philipon Côte de Beaune Villages Pinot Noir
In spite of John S's laudatory note of several months ago, I did not find this appealing last night. It had fruit and structure but lacked generosity of spirit of a 'ready' pinot noir. Probably should have decanted, but this wasn't one of those plan-ahead events and I thought a 11 year old village wine from a warm vintage would have been tamper-proof.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFRINIC, ClaudeBot, LACNIC160, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign