The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Add an “e” and it’s not that Hennessy

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Childless Cat Dad

Posts

37053

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Location

Connecticut

WTN: Add an “e” and it’s not that Hennessy

by David M. Bueker » Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:18 pm

  • 2018 Enfield Wine Co. Cabernet Sauvignon Hennessey Ridge - USA, California, Napa Valley (9/25/2026)
    Serious throwback Cabernet! No discernible oak. Mint and tobacco overlay dark cassis fruit - it’s Cabernet that is naked as the day it was born. Kind of a shock to the system, but once I got used to it I like the unandorned style. There’s ample fruit and structure for further aging, so I’ll leave a couple of bottles for several more years. Should be interesting.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Patchen Markell

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1188

Joined

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am

Location

Ithaca, New York

Re: WTN: Add an “e” and it’s not that Hennessy

by Patchen Markell » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:03 pm

Thanks for the note. I have a small number of these from 2017-2019 and don't think I've opened any of them yet, so good to know what to expect.
cheers, Patchen
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Childless Cat Dad

Posts

37053

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Location

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Add an “e” and it’s not that Hennessy

by David M. Bueker » Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:34 pm

I’ve been buying John’s Cabernet since 2012, and realized recently that I had only ever opened two of the wines. So I stood up several.
Decisions are made by those who show up

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFRINIC, AhrefsBot, ClaudeBot, LACNIC160, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign