The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Nahe, Bennett V, Morgon, Chorey, Santa Cruz

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Posts

12439

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Location

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Nahe, Bennett V, Morgon, Chorey, Santa Cruz

by Dale Williams » Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:45 am

Miso black cod, bok choy, rice,
2022 Kruger Rumpf Burgberg Riesling Grosses Gewachs
Big and powerful dry Riesling,. White peach and tangerine, thyme-y herbal notes, Really fun.. B++

Grilled salmon, hakurei turnips (sauteed then braised in soy/mirin broth), shishito peppers, rice
2010 Cowan Bennett Valley Pinot Noir
Black cherry, touch of leather and coffee, good acids, nice texture. None of the overt sweetness I encountered in a recent Cowan Sonoma County PN. Still holding nicely. I had to look up where Bennett Valley is (Sonoma), not sure I remember a wine from this AVA other than this one. B/B+

Had a speech at a Shabbat service at a nearby synagogue, when I got home Betsy had cinnamon/ginner beef & spinach stew on udon for me
2021 Aviron Morgon Cote du Py Vieille Vignes
Tasty Gamay, but without the depth I’d expect from old vines Cote du Py. Black cherry and pomegranate, light tannins, moderate acids, moderate finish. Drink up.B,

Angel hair pasta with lobster/tomato/basil and broccoli rabe with colatura d’lici
2012 Mount Eden Reserve Chardonnay
Delicious but surprisingly mature. Pear. grapefruit, some hazelnut character. Good acids and finish. Gets nuttier with air, I enjoy but will speed up finishing these, B+

Roast chicken, koginut squash, salad
2013 Maillard Pere & Fils Chorey-les-Beaune
Why do I have this? No memory, and I seldom buy from producers outside my standard list, and this was in a case meant for aging. Perplexing. This bottle is not an argument for expanding my producer list Cranberry, cherry, a little earth, some acid. But soulless and short. I want character in Burgundy, and this is pedestrian. B-/C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was the only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Childless Cat Dad

Posts

37053

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Location

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Nahe, Bennett V, Morgon, Chorey, Santa Cruz

by David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:12 pm

Good to see you continuing to enjoy Kruger-Rumpf.
Decisions are made by those who show up

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFRINIC, ClaudeBot, LACNIC160, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign