The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Schramsberg, Selbach Oster

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Posts

12439

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Location

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Schramsberg, Selbach Oster

by Dale Williams » Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:27 pm

Vegetarian chili wth accouterments (cheese, avocado, creme fraiche, cilantro hot sauce)

2014 J. Schram Rose
Well, it’s a lot better than the 2013. Red fruits, toast, ginger, a little citrus zest. Nice mousse. If this was an inexpensive alternative to rose Champagne I’d say ok deal. But cheapest price in the country is $168. Hard pass. B

2015 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett
There’s ‘15 fatness, but still some nice acids to let it cut through chili. On the peach and nectarine spectrum, but a limey note to the underlying acids. Good finish B/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was the only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Posts

46551

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Location

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Schramsberg, Selbach Oster

by Jenise » Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:50 pm

Bob and I used to love Schramsberg, but I probably haven't had one I liked in over 25 years. Were never sure if it changed or we did, but likely both.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Childless Cat Dad

Posts

37053

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Location

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Schramsberg, Selbach Oster

by David M. Bueker » Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:52 pm

Holy crap, that price is completely criminal!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

wnissen

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1403

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Location

Livermore, CA

Re: WTN: Schramsberg, Selbach Oster

by wnissen » Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:43 pm

Criminal.
Walter Nissen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFRINIC, AhrefsBot, ClaudeBot, LACNIC160, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign