The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

October Wine Focus - Orange pumpkins, orange wine

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Posts

22036

Joined

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Location

Louisville, KY

October Wine Focus - Orange pumpkins, orange wine

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:52 pm

It's October, Halloween is coming! Pumpkins are orange, and so is orange wine. Let's drink some!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Childless Cat Dad

Posts

37053

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Location

Connecticut

Re: October Wine Focus - Orange pumpkins, orange wine

by David M. Bueker » Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:25 pm

Trick or treat. Orange wines are tricks.

Seriously, I’ve had Gravner. I’ve had Radikon. I can drink them. I wouldn’t buy them.

I do like the Idlewild Cortese, which is a 50/50 blend of light skin contact and zero skin contact.

Pretty much everything else leaves me feeling like a pumpkin four days after Halloween.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Posts

22036

Joined

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Location

Louisville, KY

Re: October Wine Focus - Orange pumpkins, orange wine

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:35 am

David M. Bueker wrote:Seriously, I’ve had Gravner. I’ve had Radikon. I can drink them. I wouldn’t buy them.

I do like the Idlewild Cortese, which is a 50/50 blend of light skin contact and zero skin contact.

Pretty much everything else leaves me feeling like a pumpkin four days after Halloween.

I had the great good luck to visit Gravner around 2001, before Slovenia was in the EU (getting across the border from Collio in Friuli with my hosts at the "unofficial" crossing in Oslavia without having to drive way down to the official crossing at Gorizia was a trip in its own right. That was when Josko was first experimenting with amphorae and nobody called it orange wine yet. :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFRINIC, AhrefsBot, ClaudeBot, LACNIC160, Ripe Bot and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign