The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Still more Vinitaly video

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Still more Vinitaly video

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:04 am

Nothing fancy, just another quick-cut montage that, I hope, gives a hint of the sights and sounds of the Vinitaly action as 150,000 wine lovers stream through during the expo's five-day run.

Click to the WLP Wine Video Watch Page and then click the video "Sights and Sounds of Vinitaly" for the 1-minute, 45-second vid.
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

Re: Still more Vinitaly video

by Ian Sutton » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:49 am

What was your your view of the level of interest / comfort this event would hold for paying customers? Easy to get around? Easy access?
thanks
Ian
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:51 am

Ian Sutton wrote:What was your your view of the level of interest / comfort this event would hold for paying customers? Easy to get around? Easy access?
thanks
Ian

Ian, to be frank, I wouldn't pay for it myself. I vastly prefer wine travel in which I go on my own to individual wineries, ideally with an appointment, to meet the wine maker, stroll the vineyards, taste the wine, and do it at my pace. This place is big, loud, crowded, sensory overload all over the place.

And yet ... and yet ... with just about every winery in Italy and every region represented here, and wine geeks from all over the world gathering, it's probably worth doing once.

Same would go for VinExpo in Bordeaux, I assume.
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Robin, thanks very much for shooting and posting these short videos.

Very interesting, especially to those of us living vicariously!
no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

by Paul B. » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:44 am

Robin, I can sure see how sensory overload - a great term - can put a damper on things (uh oh - isn't that an oxymoron?). That said, I agree totally - leisurely private tours with the winery owner (or even simply the vineyardist/winemaker, if not same), is preferable IMO to a tightly-clipped, machine-paced seminar. Still, I hope there's been some time for relaxation and enjoyment!
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

by Sue Courtney » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for posting Robin. I've never seen anything like this. Those full size murals on the outside of the buildings were really quite something. In certain shots it looked like people were walking through the vineyards. Good to see many people eating as well as drinking- or were they just the stand holders having a snack?