The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Corked - Exemplary service from Lammershoek winery & shipper

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Corked - Exemplary service from Lammershoek winery & shipper

by Peter May » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Monday night this week (2 April) I opened one of my two remaining Lammershoek Roulette 2003 Reds (a Shiraz/Grenache/Carignan/Viogner blend from Swartland, South Africa) that I am very partial too.

It was massively corked, so I opened my last bottle.

I couldn't return the bad wine to the vendor (it was bought via acquaintance, no receipt etc) and was going to write it off.

But the two corks had serial numbers, so I sent an email to the winery address given on their website with the details notifying them of the bad & good cork numbers and suggesting they might contact their supplier and maybe consider screw caps.

Tuesday morning when I logged on there were two emails, one from the winery saying "We did have some cork problems with earlier vintages and have since changed the supplier. I will arrange with our UK agent, Richards Walford to replace the bottle of Roulette, although with vintage 04."

The other email was from the importers, Richards Walford, asking for my address.

This morning, Thursday 5 April, a DHL courier brought me a replacement bottle.

You have here one massively satisfied customer. Well done Lammershoek and Richards Walford.