The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

South Carolina BYOB Question

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

South Carolina BYOB Question

by Jim Grow » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:05 pm

My wife and I are spending the next week in the Edisto Beach area of SC and I was hoping to BYOB at a seafood shack or real restaurant there. Anyone have any recommendations or advice as to where to go or if this is possible?
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

Re: South Carolina BYOB Question

by Tom Troiano » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Jim,

My parents live in SC and I have 2 brothers who are there all the time. I'll try to get answer for you.

Tom T.
no avatar
User

Marc D

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Bellingham WA

Re: South Carolina BYOB Question

by Marc D » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi Jim,

We used to eat at The Old Post Office restaurant when we were in Edisto Beach. It has been at least 6 years since I was last there, but the food was very good, and the atmosphere was great. Definitely the best grits I've ever eaten. I thought it was the best place to eat out in Edisto. I don't know if things have changed, but there wasn't much else there other than a few inexpensive fried seafood and burger places. Other than that, for fine dining Charleston is only a 45 minute drive from Edisto.

I don't know what the BYO policy is, sorry.

The Old Post Office is on the main road Hwy 174 about 10 minutes before you reach the State Park.