The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN Quivira Grenache Rose 2006

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John Treder

Rank

Zinaholic

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Santa Rosa, CA

WTN Quivira Grenache Rose 2006

by John Treder » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:14 pm

They sent me a couple of bottles of this in their new wine shipment, and I decided to check it out right away, with rock Cornish game hen and carrot & rice casserole.

Very pale yellowish strawberry color – sort of strange. Aroma of spring flowers, totally dry, sharp attack fading into strawberries and a bit of the earthiness of grenache. Medium finish. Good wine!

It's from their Wine Creek Ranch vineyard, and a new planting of grenache. Cost me $14.45. 14.1% alcohol, 495 cases produced.
no avatar
User

Bill Hooper

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am

McMinnville, OR

Re: WTN Quivira Grenache Rose 2006

by Bill Hooper » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 pm

I understand that this is to replace the Mourvedre Rose. I'm glad it's good, as I liked the old one a lot -for California Rose that is.
Wein schenkt Freude
ITB paetrawine.com
no avatar
User

John Treder

Rank

Zinaholic

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Santa Rosa, CA

Re: WTN Quivira Grenache Rose 2006

by John Treder » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:43 pm

I imagine it is the replacement, yes. There probably isn't room for 2 roses in the portfolio of an outfit Quivira's size.

The '04 Mourvedre Rose was just a touch off-dry. This Grenache is totally dry. It was also good with a vaguely Asian stir-fry of shrimp, scallops, green onions and ginger the next night.

John