The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Wines with hamburger

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

WTN: Wines with hamburger

by James Roscoe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:25 pm

There is nothing I like better than a simple meal of rare grilled hamburgers, deep fried potatoes, and corn. It's simple, easy and reminds me of my youth. To go with this we opened a Pisano Cabernet Sauvingnon from Rio de Los Pajaros in Uraguay. It said reserve on the bottle and it was a 2006 so it's now a year old. It was a perfectly acceptable cab at about ten bucks a bottle. The nose was pretty fruity and that carried through to the palate. It stood up well to the hamburgers and fries. I would probably buy it again at $8-$10. I wouldn't pay much more. Not horrible for a Wednesday night. Thanks to GaryB for encouraging the note.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

Re: WTN: Wines with hamburger

by Paulo in Philly » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Why does it remind you of your youth? Did you flip burgers back then in 1923????? :wink:
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Paulo in Philly wrote:Why does it remind you of your youth? Did you flip burgers back then in 1923????? :wink:

That was my favorite meal as a kid. My mother made it regularly every Saturday night after we sacrificed a cat.
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Paulo in Philly » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Is that what Uruguayians pair with their cabs? Cat burger??? 8)
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

by Gary Barlettano » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:59 pm

James Roscoe wrote:There is nothing I like better than a simple meal of rare grilled hamburgers, deep fried potatoes, and corn. It's simple, easy and reminds me of my youth. To go with this we opened a Pisano Cabernet Sauvingnon from Rio de Los Pajaros in Uraguay. It said reserve on the bottle and it was a 2006 so it's now a year old. It was a perfectly acceptable cab at about ten bucks a bottle. The nose was pretty fruity and that carried through to the palate. It stood up well to the hamburgers and fries. I would probably buy it again at $8-$10. I wouldn't pay much more. Not horrible for a Wednesday night. Thanks to GaryB for encouraging the note.

Glad to see you coming out of your shell! The wine sounds like it would have paired up well with this evening's Quiznos prime rib sandwich.
And now what?
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

by James Roscoe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:38 pm

Gary Barlettano wrote:
James Roscoe wrote:There is nothing I like better than a simple meal of rare grilled hamburgers, deep fried potatoes, and corn. It's simple, easy and reminds me of my youth. To go with this we opened a Pisano Cabernet Sauvingnon from Rio de Los Pajaros in Uraguay. It said reserve on the bottle and it was a 2006 so it's now a year old. It was a perfectly acceptable cab at about ten bucks a bottle. The nose was pretty fruity and that carried through to the palate. It stood up well to the hamburgers and fries. I would probably buy it again at $8-$10. I wouldn't pay much more. Not horrible for a Wednesday night. Thanks to GaryB for encouraging the note.

Glad to see you coming out of your shell! The wine sounds like it would have paired up well with this evening's Quiznos prime rib sandwich.

Perfect pairing. See you in chat?