The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Felsina CC

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: 2004 Felsina CC

by Dale Williams » Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 am

Sunday I just had a glass of leftover Brun chardonnay with franks, then Monday Betsy made one our versions of comfort food- a pasta with a mushroom, spinach, and marsala sauce, along with a jicama salad. I opened the 2004 Felsina Berardenga Chianti Classico. Lovely Chianti (as always), with black cherry fruit and hints of earth and leather. Excellent acidity. This is maybe a tad bigger than most years, and despite the good acidity wasn't the best match with the pasta (a lighter style might have been better, I've done this dish with Beaujolais, light Loire reds, and light Chiantis before). But the wine itself was lovely, wish I had paired with some meat. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency