The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Pascal Jolivet Pouilly-Fumé

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

WTN: 2005 Pascal Jolivet Pouilly-Fumé

by Maria Samms » Sat May 05, 2007 8:40 am

2005 Pascal Jolivet Pouilly-Fumé: $17.99 USD, ABV 12.5%.

This wine had a nice straw colour to it. There was a nose full of grapefruit and citrus and just a slight herbal note. Wonderful palate of pineapple, grapefruit and tropical fruit. It had a decent fruity finish as well.

This was the best Pouilly-Fumé I have ever had. It had lots of depth and character that I usually don't find in a Pouilly-Fumé. I really liked the tropical fruit element. Not your typical Sauvignon Blanc tasting wine. This producer also does a Sancerre that I would like to try...has any one else tried the Sancerre?
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2005 Pascal Jolivet Pouilly-Fumé

by Sam Platt » Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 am

Maria Samms wrote:This producer also does a Sancerre that I would like to try...has any one else tried the Sancerre?

Maria,

I have tried several vintages of the Jolivet Sancerre and have been unimpressed. One of my notes reads "Water with lemon would be stronger". Then again I am not a real fan of Sancerre, so I would weight what others say more heavily.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Re: WTN: 2005 Pascal Jolivet Pouilly-Fumé

by John F » Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 pm

I find Jolivet to be a very reliable and reasonably priced producer and have enjoyed his wines including the Sancerre. In the same vein you should try the wines of Ladoucette.