The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1988 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Migoua

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Vandegriff

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 am

Trinidad, CA

WTN: 1988 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Migoua

by Jim Vandegriff » Wed May 09, 2007 11:40 pm

• 1988 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Migoua - France, Provence, Bandol (5/8/2007)
    Lovely, lighter La Migoua bottling. Very attractive cherry reddish color, with fully integrated tannins, good acidity, and interesting flavors of cherry, sour cherry, watermelon, and almond in a seamless package. Not as deep as the 89, it was good to see the vintage variation and have an excellent bottle of wine with dinner. Served at a potluck for the planners of the North Coast men's gathering, we all enjoyed the smoothness of the wine and its intriguing flavors as we chuckled over the fact that the wine is older than the gathering (19 vs 17 years). It is at its peak now, can hold for a year, but I'd drink them now if you have any. Delightful. JV (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Re: WTN: 1988 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Migou

by Saina » Thu May 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Bandol rocks! But I think 1995 is the oldest I've tried. I keep on hearing that they age really well (which I believe since the Tempier '95 I had was very young seeming), but I have never seen an older bottle. I really must find some. Thanks for the note!

-O-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Jim Vandegriff

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 am

Trinidad, CA

Re: WTN: 1988 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Migoua

by Jim Vandegriff » Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Otto, they age amazingly well! My friend Larry Moss collected them, and his daughter broke out some of his 89's and 90's last fall at a celebration of his life after his death. Just wonderful wines, and the different cuvees are different one from the other. I hope you can find some older bottles to try. I've found them to be a real treat. All the best from the Pacific Coast, Jim
in Trinidad, CA, by the sea