The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

WTN: 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard

by James Dietz » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:44 pm

• 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (6/1/2007)

Is it possible for this wine to get any better? This is my third bottle, and it is better than ever. Virtually no visible signs of aging....bright, spicy nose. Bing cherries with balancing acidity on the palate. A supple, mature, yet lively wine. The finish is such that I wanted to take another sip right away....it kept drawing me back in. What a sultry, alluring beauty....refined and elegant...yet....beckoning.

We had this with pork tostada's at the family restaurant, made with shells imported from Cuauhtemoc, Colima just for this dinner....thin, crispy, smoky... almost ethereal. And the wine was perfect with them. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard

by Jenise » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:35 pm

This is my favorite of the Arcadians I've had thus far, and I have one more bottle. You make a good case for not waiting any longer to drink it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov